Regarding the policy proposal notice titled Draft Strategy for a Waste-Free Ontario: Building the Circular Economy organized by the Ministry of the Environment and Climate Change, here are the questions I submitted:
- How do you plan to ensure that industry-funded organizations will not have control over Processors/ Recyclers that they engage to collect, recycle and keep records of their end-of-life products?
- How would you guarantee that high recycling standards are set, maintained and not reduced midway to ensure the environment is protected and waste processors/recyclers are not sent out of business as a result of high investments already made that were required to meet the high standards?
- With regards to promotion and education, will there be guidelines as to what constitutes proper promotion and education of their recycling measures to the public?
- In order to create public awareness of the need to reduce, reuse, recycle, do you plan to increase the capacity or assist organizations that are not government related that already carry out these awareness programs?
The requests for comments and questions will close on February 29, 2016 and interested parties should put their comments and questions forward. For more information go to http://www.ebr.gov.on.ca/ERS-WEB-External/displaynoticecontent.do?noticeId=MTI2Njk2&statusId=MTkxMjM4&language=en or click here
- Reducing Air Pollution for Improved Health and Economic Growth: A Global Perspective - September 22, 2023
- Ensuring Safe Drinking Water: Beyond Chlorine - September 22, 2023
- Building Resilience: Social Welfare Systems, Indigenous Knowledge, and Climate Change in Africa - September 22, 2023