Enbridge Gas Distribution Inc. has a more than 160-year history and is Canada’s largest natural gas distribution company. Enbridge delivers safe, reliable natural gas to more than 2 million customers in Ontario. For nearly 20 years, Enbridge has offered customers energy efficiency programs to help them use energy wisely and save money.
Between 1995 and 20151, Enbridge’s energy efficiency programs reduced customer consumption by 10.3 billion cubic metres of natural gas, which is enough natural gas savings to serve nearly 4.3 million homes2 for one year. These gas savings have resulted in a reduction of 19.4 million3 tonnes of greenhouse gas emissions, roughly equal to removing 3.8 million4 cars from the road for one year.
Our Community program: Home Energy Conservation Program
When your home consumes less energy, it frees up money for other things such as vacations, your children’s education fund and retirement. Enbridge Gas Distribution is proud to offer the Home Energy Conservation program in partnership with the Government of Ontario to homeowners who heat their home with natural gas, propane, oil or wood and live within our Program delivery area. Helping homeowners save money is simply the right thing to do. The program makes it easy and affordable for homeowners to improve the energy efficiency of their home, lower their utility bills while improving their carbon footprint. If you’re a qualified homeowner, you could take advantage of available incentives up to $2,100. Visit knowyourenergyscore.ca for additional program information.
- 2015 spending and results are unaudited and subject to change
- Assumes a residential customer using 2,400 m3 per year to heat their home and water
- Assumes 1.875kg of CO2e are emitted for each m3 gas that is consumed
- Assuming the average automobile produces 5.1 tonnes of CO₂ per year
EnvironFocus Show and Tell is taking place April 29, 2017 at the Living Art Centre, 4141 Living Arts Dr, Mississauga, ON L5B 4B8 from 12-6pm. For information about the EnvironFocus Show and Tell go to www.environfocus.com/show-tell/. For information about how to be a green vendor, visit: www.environfocus.com/green-ven
- Reducing Air Pollution for Improved Health and Economic Growth: A Global Perspective - September 22, 2023
- Ensuring Safe Drinking Water: Beyond Chlorine - September 22, 2023
- Building Resilience: Social Welfare Systems, Indigenous Knowledge, and Climate Change in Africa - September 22, 2023