Nigerians in the Diaspora are helping Nigerians and organizations in Nigeria via the Safe Drinking Water Project. The Safe Drinking Water Project is a transboundary, corporate social investment initiative. It provides a platform for individuals and organizations to assist Nigerian schools, villages, orphanages, internally displaced people (IDP) camps, and health centres with access to safe drinking water and sanitation and hygiene workshops. The Safe Drinking Water Project’s success is hinged on individuals and organizations locally, and internationally making a conscious decision to help vulnerable people in communities access safe drinking water.
The Safe Drinking Water Project consists of varied projects. Projects include: water infrastructure development such as laying pipes, borehole drilling or water quality improvement initiatives, including the distribution of instant microbial water filters and Sanitation and Hygiene workshops. Eight thousand people are currently served per day based on the number of water filtration Systems distributed to different parts of the country.
Donor Recognition – Nigerians in the Diaspora helping Nigerians and organizations in Nigeria
As part of the initiative, we recognize the donors and their positive impact on the people. In line with the initiative, we want to acknowledge Mrs. Ifeoma Osijo, a Nigerian- American for providing Mrs. Ossy and her four children with an instant microbial water filtration system. Mrs. Ossy is a widow living in Lagos, Nigeria.
We also recognize Mr. Ikenna Egbuonu, a Nigerian-Canadian, for providing a Cerebral Palsy (CP) Center in Nigeria with a similar instant microbial water filtration system. The center offers help for parents and caregivers, striving to improve the prognosis of children diagnosed with CP, increasing societal awareness of the condition, and spear-heading policy changes that will positively affect children living with CP.
Donation outcome and impacts
The donation outcome is that the filters will provide an uninterrupted supply of safe drinking water to the beneficiaries.
The donation impacts are as follows:
- reduced spending of limited funds on water sachets and bottled water, unsafe drinking water sources, keeping money in their pockets for other necessities.
- Improved wellness of the people as there will be a reduction in water-borne and water-related diseases arising from drinking unsafe water.
- Reduction in single-use plastic waste clogging the drainage systems, polluting the environment and harming sea life.
Both donations aimed to improve the water quality drunk by the beneficiaries in alignment with the Sustainable Development Goal (SDG) 6. You can find more information about the Safe Drinking Water Project at www.environfocus.com/waterproject. As a second option, you can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Nigerians in the Diaspora helping Nigerians and organizations in Nigeria | Safe Drinking Water Project
- Navigating Resource Constraints to a Pathway to Sustainable Practices for Manufacturers | Part 1 - February 16, 2024
- Balancing Act: Recognizing Manufacturers for Sustainability Efforts While Mitigating Reputation Damage - February 9, 2024
- A Guide for Manufacturers to Foster a Greener Future - January 26, 2024