What a fantastic journey!
Today brings us to the end of this 14-day campaign, and we’re confident that you enjoyed every bit of it.
Like we have established so far, the climate crisis is indeed massive and urgent. It is a reality that is affecting millions of people across the world, especially the most vulnerable.
However, you and I can be either enablers of this crisis or catalysts to drive the change we most desperately want to see.
How? You may ask.
Well, you can start by:
– Reducing your daily carbon footprint by practicing the 5 Rs of waste management.
– Letting people in your circle know you support climate-smart policies and providing them with the option to learn more.
– Supporting businesses and organizations that embrace renewable energy and practice sustainability.
– Helping your community adapt by learning how your area is vulnerable to climate change and advocating smart policies that reduce risks.
– Supporting local initiatives that help people prepare for and recover from extreme weather events
– Simply turning off all light bulbs when not in use to conserve energy.
Let’s not forget that Bill C-226, which contains practical steps to combating environmental racism and inadvertently climate change in Black, Indigenous and other Racialized communities, will be deliberated upon again this month. If you want to support the passing of the Bill C-226 the third reading, send a mail, a tweet or place a call through to the Prime Minister, the Deputy Prime Minister, the Minister of Environment, the Minister of Health, and MPs all over the country. Let them know why you support the passing of the Bill and the need for Canada to have environmental racism legislation. You can also write to the Bloc Quebecois, if you’re a French speaker.
The little things matter, as you must have noticed already through the course of the campaign. We are stewards of the earth charged with the responsibility of nurturing and preserving her, not to debase and exploit her.
- Sustainability On My Mind 2022-2023 Series - July 7, 2023
- Sustainability on My Mind Workshop Series – Green Cleaning Products - June 29, 2023
- Sustainability on My Mind Workshop Series – Tin Can Luminaries - June 15, 2023